Tuesday

20130121 ~ {Goodbye Toby}

"Remember me and smile, for it is better to forget than to remember me and cry."
Dr. Seuss




This is for everyone who knows and loves our dog, Toby. It is heartbreaking to tell you this but yesterday we had to say goodbye to our boy. After a long battle with congestive heart failure, Toby’s body gave up. We had done everything medically possible to hold of the disease but his body was tired.  We miss an incredible dog. Toby brought so much happiness to our lives and our home.  We are changed because we knew, loved and took care of him for almost 12 years.  I told Toby everyday of his life what a good boy he was as I held his head in my hands and he licked my face. Yesterday, we laid on the floor with him, I held his head for the last time as we said our goodbyes. I told him in his last breaths to go find Clara and go find puddles.  I know he is in doggie heaven with Dick’s burgers, pizza crusts and red bell peppers. His body is healthy and he is talking up a storm and probably taking up someone’s space on the couch or bed.  Please, if you have a dog or a cat, child or loved one,  hug them tonight. The next time it rains, find a puddle and think of Toby. ~ Marcellina

No comments:

Tags

BTricks

BThemes

Download

Etiquetas

Pages