Tuesday
{Lasts}
This had been the year of the "lasts". The last Open House, Christmas concert, swim meet, and Coffee House. No more weekly correspondences: the Wednesday envelope that modernized to Friday’s email blast. However, nothing has hit me harder than last Wednesday when I drove to Dillon’s school for the last time for an awards assembly. How many times have I driven along the lake to take the kids to school, practice and friends’ houses? And how many conversations were started with either, “Do you have everything?” or “Tell me about your day”. Granted for the last two years, Dillon has either driven off or biked off on his own but I will miss the routine of school, homework, lunches and set holidays. Never again will I be glued to the TV hoping for a snow day or cringing at the back to school ads that come way too fast in July mailers. I know I am looking at my glass half empty right now but we will experience an empty nest August 15th and I will be driving into uncharted territories for the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment